Sunday, September 29, 2013

September in Review: A Photo Blog!

My goal this year is to post two or three insightful, English teacher-y (yes, I know "teacher-y" is not really a word) blog posts a month.  The additional blog post will be a photo blog where I recap some of the great things I've seen and experienced in education during the month.  These blog posts will include some pictures that I may have posted to my Twitter or Facebook accounts, but that did not make it into a longer blog post.  Enjoy seeing how excellent North Carolina public education is!

Eating Dinner with Past North Carolina Teachers of the Year after the State Board of Education Meeting

Excited to Visit Apple Valley Middle School in Henderson County, Where My Husband Went to Middle School!

Dancing at My First EPFP Meeting: the Leading to Change Presenters Found My Weakness--The Twist!

Chatting with Bob Etheridge and Rev. Nelson Johnson while the Wonderful Musicians Played at  Rockingham County Moral Monday
A Pleasant Surprise--I Ran into an Awesome Former Co-Worker Right before I Spoke at a Regional Roundtable Meeting!
The Northern High School Band Was Wonderful at Guilford County Schools' Celebration of Excellence 
Introducing One of the Outstanding Finalists for Guilford County Teacher of the Year, Cheryl Cobb, a Teacher at Haynes Inman Education Center for Students with Special Needs
The Big Moment--Guilford County's New Teacher of the Year, Southeast High School Math Teacher, Eugene Grant!
Wake NC State University STEM Academy's  Students at the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Speaking to Professors from Teacher Education Programs at NC-ACTE
Celebrating North Carolina's Graduation Rate of 82.5%

Celebrating with the Nine Guilford County High Schools that Were Recognized for Graduation Success
Enjoying My Visit with UNC-Pembroke Teaching Fellows
The Principal/Teacher Advisory Council Meeting with Dr. Atkinson and DPI
Two Regional Teachers of the Year at the Advisory Council, Carrie Morris and Jill Francis
Celebrating Post-Race Success with the Parent of a Former Student at Miles for Matthew, a Race to Find a Cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy


 Richmond County Schools and 3D Systems:  A Robotic Arm that Provides Tactile Feedback As You "Sculpt" 3D Designs (this technology is used to make everything from Barbie dolls to medical prosthetics)




No comments:

Post a Comment